Sunday, September 23, 2012

Just one of the "D's"

So... I can't believe it's taken nearly 8 months for me to do this... or that it took Sebulsky 3 attempts to insert the CGM.

Either way... I've got two sites going... I don't have a pump with saline - just tegaderm covering the site where the needle is inserted. I'm only "wearing" the inserted cannula for the CGM site and have tegaderm covering it.

I won't lie... even with lidocaine (numbing cream) prior... The CGM insertion did not feel great. I wouldn't say it was painful... But I certainly felt it (and felt it, and felt it.... Lol.... Sorry Sebulsky 3rd times a charm). It remains uncomfortable- again... I wouldn't say it "hurts" but is def. present and annoying. After just 3 hours of wearing and an hour of cardio the site has started to itch and I find myself wanting to scratch at it. The pump site insertion felt like a like "prick" basically like a finger stick in the stomach. It does't hurt... its more psychological than anything... just the thought of wearing a tiny steel needle in your belly all the time is kinda weird. I was cautious at first with bending and stretching... I wonder if a cannula has a little more give and feels a little better? Maybe I'll ask Medtronic to send me a few different insertion sets to sample. Lol.

I wish we'd video'd Saul's reaction this morning. I asked him if I could wear his pump and he stared at me with a look of disdain and said "nooooooooooooo" shaking his tiny little head. Then he yelled "pump car mine." Lol. I guess I should be happy about this. That boy loves his "pump car!"

Stay tuned for more updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment